Internet Connection Monitoring:
• Automated Internet Connection Outage Logging
• Long Term Internet Connection Speed Testing
• Realtime Traffic Displays for all Network Interfaces
• Historical Traffic Graphs for all Network Interfaces
• Menubar Display showing Speed and Connection Status
• Router monitoring for UPnP & SNMP v1 enabled routers*
Server & Device Monitoring:
• Automated Ping Testing – URL or IP Address
• Automated HTTP (Web Site) Testing
• Website Transmission Speed Graphs
• Ping & HTTP Response Time Graphs
• Ping & HTTP Outage Logs
Customizable Spoken Announcements:
When monitoring a server URL or a device IP address with a URL Monitor you can customize the spoken and logged status announcements by entering a custom announcement. With this you can set up spoken announcements for any device that responds to pings or HTTP requests such as:
• The company website is down.
• The smart TV in Johnny’s bedroom has been turned on.
• The IP security camera by the garage went down.
• The online store payment gateway is not responding.
• Customizable Color Themes
• Linear and Log Graphing Styles
• Clickable Stats on Graph Bars
• Autosave of Monitoring Sessions
• Save and Resume Monitoring Sessions
• Export Graphs as PDFs
• Export Logs as .log Files
• Export Test Activity as .CSV Files
Also see Network Logger IT, a separate product with the same features, but which also offers emailed notifications of all types of Monitoring Events.
Some customers have told us of interesting uses they have for Network Logger. One network contractor uses it to monitor wifi systems he installs on remote drilling rigs and to provide statistics to his clients in the energy industry documenting his service. Another uses Network Logger to monitor a weak satellite link in Africa, to determine the best times of day to connect.
You can export URL speed graphs as PDFs or copy the network outage log and quickly show tech support what you are experiencing in a way that enables them to understand what’s going on at a glance. Everyone we know who has shown Network Logger output to their service provider has had their problems solved immediately.
An optional speech synthesis feature announces when your internet connection goes down and up which can be handy when you are working on your network in another room and saves you from walking back and forth to check your network status.